Lovely Carrot Treat Balls
Treat your dog like a star with these very healthy golden treat balls.
Filled with everything your dog needs to stay healthy.
I have been using this recipe for many years with my own dogs and with my friend’s dog as well and it’s 100% safe.
The best part is there is a very good smell coming out from these balls and it seems they all want a bite, even the pickiest dog 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED
. Two bowls
. A mixer
. A mold
. Cooking paper
Makes: 30 balls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
FOR THE STEP 1
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup chickpea flour – I strongly recommend it
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
FOR THE STEP 2
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup – from Canada only
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil – extra virgin
FOR THE STEP 3
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup shredded apple
1. Give maximum “3 cookies per day for big dog” and “2 cookies per day for a small dog”.
2. Limit to 1 cookie per 2 days if your dog has diabetes. (You can remove the maple syrup if sugar is a concern)
3. I strongly recommend chickpea flour over wheat flour due to some dog’s allergies.
4. Because there are no preservatives, keep it for around 1 week in the fridge.
* Omega-3 with vitamins B1. *
Studies have shown that flaxseed may have a protective effect against cancer. (i even have a story about a dog I rescued from cancer on “stage one” using flaxseed oil and raw meat, I will try to make a video in future about it). It is very good for the liver as well.
Maple Syrup “Made in Canada”
* High in fiber, minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins-C. *
Maple syrup has less sugar than honey and any other sugar sources and it’s 100% natural.
* Beta-carotene and high in fiber. Rich in vitamin A, C, K, B8, pantothenic acid, folate, potassium, iron, copper, and manganese … *
Carrots are very good for the vision, it helps to prevent cancer, promotes healthier skin and protects teeth and gums (you still need to remove the tartar, of course, to keep teeth healthy).